Medical Ear Piercing
Designed for families concerned with the health risks associated with ear piercing – blood borne viruses and nickel allergy – Blomdahl considers ear piercing to be a medical procedure. With that in mind, the Blomdahl Medical Ear Piercing System has been designed from a medical standpoint, using modern technology and safe materials. To ensure the safest possible ear piercing, the Blomdahl Medical Ear Piercing System is available through Aesthetics.
The Blomdahl sterile cassette system addresses the dangers of blood borne viruses – such as Hepatitis – being transmitted during the ear piercing process.
Are you looking for a safe way to have your ears pierced?
Then you have come to the right place – this is exactly what Blomdahl offers. Using sterile products, hygienic methods and skin friendly jewellery, we always put your skin and your health first. Out of special consideration for children, we have developed medical simultaneous ear piercing in order to speed up the piercing process without compromising safety.
Ear piercing is a medical procedure, so there is every reason to make sure that it is done properly. Blomdahl’s Medical Ear Piercing has been developed from a medical standpoint, using modern technology and safe materials. Ear piercing has taken a big step forward making piercing safer.
Medical Plastic – 0% nickel
Medical Plastic is the only material for ear piercing with 0% nickel. With pure, medical plastic you can guarantee that you will not be exposed to any nickel. Recommended for children and adults who want to be absolutely certain that they will not develop nickel allergy during the healing period. We use Swarovski Crystals.
- Mark The desired location of the piercing is marked with a surgical marker pen.
- DISINFECT The skin is cleansed with alcohol swabs
- Sterile disposable products, the ear piercing is carried out using sterile piercing earrings positioned inside sterile disposable holders. all the parts you come in contact with, come directly out of the sterile packaging.
Ear (single) $50
Ear (two) $60
*Pricing includes round piercing jewellery and aftercare pack.
Piercing earrings for optimal Healing
- Blomdahl piercing earrings are not like ordinary earrings. they are specially designed to facilitate the healing and so that you can easily change to regular earrings after the healing period.
- The earring back is the key to optimal healing. When air can circulate around a new piercing, it will heal better. That is why the earring backs on Blomdahl piercing earrings are always fixed at the tip of the post, where they also encapsulate the tip. The earring backs cannot be moved like on regular earrings. That way the air can always circulate around the new piercing.
- Airy with longer posts, In order for the new piercing to be kept airy and to heal better, it is important that the piercing earring has the right length. But all earlobes differ in thickness. For slightly thicker earlobes Blomdahl has developed piercing earrings with extra long posts.
- Safer to change earrings, After the healing period, you can remove the piercing earrings and change to other earrings. However, the skin that has grown within the holes is still thin and delicate and can easily tear. It takes up to a year before the holes have healed completely. The holes have also a tendency to shrink. Blomdahl’s piercing earrings have been designed so that the holes will be slightly wider in the beginning and thereby not get so easily damaged when you change earrings.
Aftercare instructions during the healing period
- Never touch your ears with unclean hands.
- Wash your newly pierced ears (on both sides) thoroughly twice a day. Do not remove the earrings when cleansing.
- When showering/washing your hair, use liquid soap and rinse thoroughly with clean running water. Dry with a Kleenex or Q-tip.
- Supplementary cleansing is done with Blomdahl Piercing Aftercare cleansing swabs, which are gentle on the skin. The swabs make it possible to clean between your ears and the earrings/earring backs. Allow to air dry. Use a new cleansing swab for each ear, each time. Note! Do not clean with alcohol.
- Make sure that the area around the holes are kept clean, dry and airy at all times
- Cover your ears when applying make up, hair spray, spray perfume, hair-dye, etc.
- Take extra care when you are putting on/pulling off clothing over your head, in order to prevent the earrings from getting caught
- Bathing in a swimming pool, lake or sea: wait for as long as possible after the piercing and avoid keeping your head under water. When you come out of the water, cleanse with liquid soap or with Blomdahl Piercing Aftercare cleansing swabs – see point 2 above.
- After approx. 6 weeks (cartilage approx. 12 weeks) you can change to new earrings. This is how to remove the ear piercing earrings: wash your hands and ears thoroughly. With one hand, take hold of the jewellery part (front) of the ear piercing earring. With the other hand, wriggle the earring back, back and forth, until you feel it loosens. Carefully remove the ear piercing earrings and put in new, clean earrings.
- It takes up to a year before the holes are completely healed. Hence consider the following:
- Always wear earrings. If you go without, the holes can shrink and/or close completely.
- Take extra care when changing earrings. The skin that has grown within the holes is still thin and delicate and can easily tear, which may cause an infection. Therefore, always make sure to wash your earrings and your hands before the change, and make sure that the area around the holes is kept clean, dry and airy. If you use earrings with earring backs, these should not be pressed tightly against the back of the ear.
- The risk for developing a contact allergy is at its greatest during the first year after ear piercing. This is why it is extra important to wear safe earrings during this time. In consultation with skin specialists, Blomdahl has developed skin friendly jewellery suitable for everybody and especially for those who have just pierced their ears.
- IMPORTANT! Redness and/or swelling and/or pain and/or rashes are indicative of a possible infection. If the hole is placed in the soft part of the ear (ear lobe), remove the earring and cleanse/disinfect. If there is no improvement the following day, contact your doctor. If the hole is placed in the cartilage part of the ear, remove the earring, cleanse/disinfect and seek immediate medical attention.
Nickel allergy – how to avoid it
- We are not born with nickel allergy. Nickel allergy is a skin contact allergy which can develop as a result of continuous contact with objects that contain nickel, such as zips, buttons, coins and jewellery. World wide clinical studies have all identified and confirmed ear piercing and the wearing of earrings as a prime risk factor for developing nickel allergy, with as many as 10-30% of all women affected. Once you have developed a nickel allergy there is no remedy which can cure the allergy
- The only solution is to avoid all contact with metals containing nickel. However this can be very difficult because all metals contain nickel, even gold and silver, mostly in the form of impurities. Therefore, there are no metal ear piercing earrings which are entirely free from nickel.